cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black boxes over participant names in webinar

malgreen
Listener

Suddenly, there are black boxes over the participant names in a webinar I'm watching. I do not have the 'hide names' box checked and can't figure out how to get rid of the black boxes... it's super distracting.

6 REPLIES 6

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hosts/CoHosts have control over "Branding" features.

For future webinars, they should be sure to set "Name Tags" default to None:

Ray_Harwood_0-1663174636722.png

If they are currently in a webinar, they can remove them one at a time by following this:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4836268732045-Using-Webinar-Session-Branding#h_01FYF989SYW... 

Ray_Harwood_1-1663175045088.png

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Hey, thanks for the reply. It wasn't my webinar, it was one I was watching and the boxes appeared during the webinar on my screen only (someone else who was watching had the names and there weren't any black boxes). I had been tinkering with some settings, but always had the box checked for displaying names... I may just delete the app from my computer and reinstall.

PKS409
Listener

Hi!  I am having this issue too!  I am hosting a webinar with a prerecorded video.  During the practice and actual webinar, a black box appears in the upper right corner of the attendee screens but not on mine, the host.  I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to make the black box go away.

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @PKS409.  Upper right of the screens?  That sounds odd... the "branding" identity box is usually in the lower left.  Can you provide a screen shot but redact any faces and actual names to protect identities?

Hi, Yes.  See attached.   I am  self taught zoom webinar host novice.  I have tried EVERYTHING I can think of to remove the "profile box" from view.  I am sharing my screen and running a prerecorded video.  I don't see the profile box but the attendees do.  Fingers crossed you may have solution.

Ray_Harwood

OK, @PKS409, I had no idea we could put the "branding box" up THERE!

Check out my first reply to this thread, and set the Name Tags to None.  That should do it!

(Update: After writing that,  I went in to try to set the Name Tag to be in the upper right, and I can't find a way to do it.  It could be that this isn't a Name Tag, but it sure looks like a "blank" one.)

Here's a custom name tag I created for a test webinar I ran:

Ray_Harwood_0-1663284702260.png

If you'd like to chat a little bit about being a "solo Zoom event producer" (that's what I call myself!), enable Private Messages (click your icon in the upper right of the Zoom Community, go to Settings, click on Preferences, then Private Messenger, and check the Turn on private messages box).  I'll send you a couple of ways to contact me -- up to you, just if you're interested.