cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attendee's email address are not recorded

medical-reserve
Listener

I downloaded the attendee report, but attendee's email address are not recorded in the report. What should I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

J-Zoom-ATL
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@medical-reserve This is by design. Zoom will only show the email address in webinar reports if registration is enabled. This is to protect the PII of these users who join when registration is not required. 

Please make sure that if these addresses are needed, that registration is being used with your webinars.

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the "Accept as Solution" button below.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

J-Zoom-ATL

@medical-reserve This is by design. Zoom will only show the email address in webinar reports if registration is enabled. This is to protect the PII of these users who join when registration is not required. 

Please make sure that if these addresses are needed, that registration is being used with your webinars.

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the "Accept as Solution" button below.

This is a terrible decision by Zoom!  What is the difference between whether registration is enabled or not?  In either case, the attendee is still volunteering their e-mail address. When you join a webinar that doesn't have registration enabled, the attendee is still asked to enter their e-mail!  Doesn't Zoom understand how critical this data is for webinar hosts?  E-mail is the only unique identifier for a webinar attendee.  What right does Zoom have to withhold this data from paying webinar host customers? Sorry, Zoom, but it's MY webinar, not yours.  You don't get to keep important data from me. Do you understand how many thousands of webinars don't use the Zoom registration system?  There are countless companies and organizations that use their own registration systems on their own web sites, or they opt not to use registration at all.  Now, all of a sudden, they can't see the e-mail addresses of their attendees and have no idea who attended.  Not only that, but they can't even respond via e-mail to questions that were asked during the webinar but not answered live!  This is a ridiculous decision that needs to be reversed. Do all you want with Zoom Meetings, but Zoom Webinars are a completely different use case. You can't hide webinar attendee e-mails from webinar hosts, especially when attendees are already volunteering the data to join the webinar!

Yeah, I use the email info to send recording  link to attendees along with the slides. Wow. This really sucks. Makes Zoom about half as useful as it used to be. Will definitely have to look around for an alternative.

So, first off, lousy to change up the "not showing email addresses in reports" without telling your users.  Secondly, really crappy to blame it on PII when the user is obviously clicking on the email link to join the meeting or webinar.

Just another example of Zoom "fixing" something that is not broken.  Or listening to the management that is focusing on personal information requirements.  At this point in the internet world. you have got to be kidding.  Every hacker in the world can get our email, age, physical address, voting records, etc without too much work.

You need to reconsider this and put the email addresses back in.

Seriously.

You should definitely not collect the attendees' email addresses if they are never going to be accessible again! Very deceptive. We are trying to give teachers credit for attendance to our webinar, and now we cannot.

Sandpiper
Listener

Is this for events or is it for webinar? For events, if people don't opt in right now you can't get that information. 

Thanks for the advice! It was for webinar.

MicheleK
Listener

Hello,  I agree with @Dave31 and I'm a little confused here.    I have been using Zoom Webinar to teach since COVID began in spring 2020.   My clients ask for attendance reports after each course I teach.    Until last week, these reports always included email addresses, which is needed because many people sign-in to the course with an abbreviation of some kind, so the client (and I) only know who they are by looking at the email address they entered upon joining the webinar.    On occasion I also need to reach out to someone after a course to follow-up on a question and now I can't do that.   I do not use your "registration" option because I don't need it.      Please advise -- how can I get the email addresses, that my students are already entering upon joining, to show in my reports again?   This is absolutely essential to me.

MattS1
Listener

Absolutely ridiculous decision and I can see that Zoom have not responded to any further requests for info on this thread. I will be cancelling my Zoom account and moving to Livestorm instead.

bartmc
Listener

I just discovered this change. It's a major problem for my organization and should be changed back to the previous functionality of guest email addresses appearing in reports.

Exactly - how do you report a photo bomb if you don't know who attended the meeting?  

mlarkin
Listener

Has anyone come up with a work around on getting email addresses when people join?

Bwest
Listener

Three people have tried registering for my webinar, but the Zoom system will not accept their email. Has anyone else had this problem? I tried registering them, but it still would not accept the email??? Does anyone have a solution? Thanks