cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As a host, I am setting up the webinar for a co-host and a panelist. How do I not show on screen?

FBPeters
Listener

As a host, I am setting up the webinar for a co-host and a panelist. How do I not show on screen? I want to be on for administrative purposes, to support the cohost and panelist but don't want my name or camera showing. How do i do this? 

7 REPLIES 7

Dan_ZoomSE
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @ ,

Start your webinar,  after your co-host and Panelist(s) have arrived Spotlight them, then go to Manage Participants and at the bottom of the window click the three dots.  Next select Speaker for the Attendee View (see screen capture below).  This should have you setup so that the Audience ONLY sees the people you have Spotlighted (along with any content being shared).

Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 8.21.35 AM.png

To Spotlight a Panelist (up to 9) click on the more button next to their name in the Participants window and click Spotlight.

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!

I get the option to spotlight everyone (myself - host, the cohost, and panelists). I only want the cohost and panelist to show on people's screens during the webinar. Thanks. Any suggestions.

Dan_ZoomSE

Only Spotlight the speakers you want to be seen.  You do not need to spotlight everyone.

That is the strange thing. I only get the option of "Spotlight Everyone".  Under the Panelist/Attendee section, when I right click on myself, it says Spotlight Everyone. This is what it says on others too. Thanks.

Dan_ZoomSE

Can you please share a screen capture of what you are seeing?  You should be able to spot light a single person, then go to the next user and choose "Add to spotlight", and continue this up to 9 total spotlights.

Figured it out! Thank you!

Dave31
Attendee

Do you have a speaking role during the webinar? If not, then just don't ever unmute or turn on your camera.