cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing a Zoom conference lobby using mobile or tablet - is it possible?

DanRyan
Listener

We will be running a conference using Zoom Events and a number of attendees will be accessing via mobile or tablet. I can access the Lobby easily from desktop but cannot get to the lobby on other devices, it shows a "The event has not started" message. This page https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4421725743373-Getting-started-with-Zoom-Events-conference-... seems to suggest that the lobby CAN be accessed prior to the event on mobile devices running the latest client (which I am).

Is there a way to do this or have I misinterpreted?

3 REPLIES 3

Dan_ZoomSE
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @DanRyan ,

As long as the Lobby is open (as defined in the event creation (days before event and days after event for lobby to be open), then you should be able to access it with a Zoom desktop or Mobile client.  

Make sure your mobile client is updated to the latest version from the App Store and make sure you are signed in using the email you used to register for the event.

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!

I'm running the latest software and double checked that the lobby is open which it is. Whichever pathway I take, I end up on the web page of the event, but when I click Join, it says "The event hasn't started yet". Further in this text, it does say "but if you wish to join in on the conversation through the networking lobby chat you will need to join Event Lobby through the Zoom Client" I can't seem to find any way of doing this from the client without first having to go through the web page which always ends with the same result...

Dan_ZoomSE

Hello @DanRyan ,

I did some checking and the Event Lobby is only supported via desktop client today.  The Mobile Client can join event sessions when during their scheduled times, but does not have presently have the ability  access the lobby to chat with others, browse the sessions, watch live streams of active sessions, or access the Expo hall.  These all require our desktop client at this time.

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!