cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The real world: UCSB students use Zoom Platform to kickstart Student-run Business

EmersonS
Participant | Zoom Employee

The team members of Gaucho Creative (GC) know they’re part of something special. More than an internship or typical college job, Gaucho Creative provides students at the University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB) with real-world, portfolio-building experience that can otherwise take years to acquire. 

Founded in June 2020, Gaucho Creative is a student-run, marketing consulting group that began when two students, Devanshi Mehta, and Amy Zhou, recognized a need for more professional marketing opportunities since there was no business school on campus. They discussed their ideas via Zoom Meetings and eventually connected with other interested students to launch the business virtually as an 11-person cohort. 

Click Here to Learn More!

Do you have a similar program at your school or university? What Questions or comments do you have? Let us know below!

7 REPLIES 7

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Thanks for sharing!! 🔥

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

bdelossantos
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

I think it's great that the students have access to such an excellent opportunity to gain practical experience in marketing consulting. It's impressive that they recognized a gap in the market and took the initiative to create a solution that benefits not only themselves but also other students at their university.

I'm curious to know more about the projects and clients that Gaucho Creative have worked with so far, the impact they've made, and how they manage the logistics of running a virtual business with just a small team.

It's inspiring to see the students taking charge of their education and creating opportunities to gain practical experience in their chosen fields.

"Challenges help us grow, try and learn new things, welcome constructive feedback, embrace uncertainty, and always assume the best intentions, especially with our teammates." - from a respected leader

ArvinG

But here's the twist: Gaucho Creative was founded in June 2020, right in the midst of a challenging time. Despite the odds, these incredible students harnessed the power of technology, like Zoom Meetings, to connect with like-minded individuals and launch their business virtually. Talk about resilience and adaptability!

crissyd

Nothing is impossible when you put your mind, heart, soul, and sweat into it. With Zoom added to the mix, it’s easy to connect, collaborate, and get things done with our all-in-one collaboration platform!

bob_sat

I am currently enrolled at Hola Amigos, an institution offering virtual classes to learn Bilingual, and I'm thrilled to see how technology like Zoom can enhance our educational journey. Initially, the maestro would do all the talking, and we would only respond when asked during recitation. As a Zoomie, I introduced Zoom Whiteboard  to my teacher and classmates. Since then, our learning experience has been transformed. Now, we have an interactive platform that allows us to actively participate and collaborate.

_jppayongayong
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Impressive initiative by Gaucho Creative (GC)! 🌟🎓 Providing University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB) students with invaluable real-world marketing experience, GC offers a unique opportunity for portfolio-building. Founded by Devanshi Mehta and Amy Zhou, this student-run marketing consulting group fills a crucial gap in professional opportunities. Kudos to their virtual launch and 11-person cohort! 🚀💼 #GauchoCreative #MarketingExperience #StudentInitiative

KhatC

Growing their organization with the help of simple unified tools. Way to go Gaucho Creative! I love how GC found it more efficient to use Zoom Team Chat for internal and external communications. This truly helps lessen the toggle tax of having to access multiple applications for communication and collaboration needs since Zoom is an all-in-one UCaaS platform.