cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom keeps asking me (unnecessarily) to change my password. How can I make them stop?

DanInToronto
Listener

They keep sending me this message: "We're reaching out to you as we've determined that your login and password for Zoom may have been compromised on another service..." And there's a time limit: "If the password for your account has not been reset in the next 24 hours, we will reset your password as a safety measure to prevent any potential unauthorized access to your account." But nothing has been compromised; it's just that I routinely use two different computers to log onto Zoom. It's a huge pain to keep re-setting my password! How can I make the people at Zoom headquarters stop asking me to change my password? (Or if anyone knows how to actually reach a Zoom representative, that would be useful too.) 

30 REPLIES 30

Computknit
Listener

I also have received this email and my password for Zoom is only used on Zoom.  And 24 hours notice before changing is not long enough for me  to always see the email.  What is going on here?  Email all seems legit but I never click a link in any email.

Debbie

BarthS
Listener

I came here to find out how many users are experiencing this precise frustration. 

I receive the email repeatedly. I consider how unlikely it is that I have reused my Zoom login and password at another site because my passwords are completely randomized and between 8–25 characters long. I also have 2FA enabled in Zoom. 

Hey Zoom, are you trying to suggest we try other video chat services because you cannot secure your app?

JunkAcct
Listener

This is getting so, so, so, SO AGGRAVATING!!!! It makes me not want to use Zoom at all anymore, because I use a unique password on every site, so it is ONLY Zoom ITSELF that could be "compromising" my password.  And Zoom keeps sending me this message within days of resetting it!!

There MUST be a way to make this S#!!T stop.  I'm not paying for a service that continually makes me late for meetings because it has forced me to reset my password for the upteenth time in a month.

I don't even care if someone else can login to my Zoom account -- if that is what it takes to not have to reset my password every few days, so be it.

SPDR8CR
Listener

Mediaman57
Listener

I will verify that I too am having this issue.  It just started about two weeks ago. I changed the password using a unique password generator and added the 2 verification option...   Today I received the exact same message as two weeks ago. Extremely doubtful anyone compromised the generated password and I have selected 2 verification option...so why would Zoom ask me to do it again and change my password again.  This is becoming irritating to say the least.

Is there a bug in their system? Should we ignore these emails?  If they change the password after 24 hours, do they tell us what it is?  I share your frustration. 

ambientscreen
Listener

Thank you for voicing this totally frustrating issue. I've changed mine 3 times and it's a password I ONLY ever use on Zoom. I'm so frustrated I'm about to start using Teams. That's how annoying this is. Could Zoom people please please please look at this issue.  

Tryingtowork
Listener

I reached a human at Zoom via the writing back and forth method and was told that if I go into my settings and turn on the two-factor authentication method I would stop receiving that same email you received.  I had to pair my phone by the SMS button right under the two-factor authentication turn-on area of setting.  Don't know yet if this will actually stop those emails since I just did it, but I was told that it will work.  Hope you're successful.  This was frustrating.

Thank you for sharing this.  In my outreach, my experience was being told I was speaking to the wrong department and needing help from the "back end" while not being forwarded to the backend. I was also informed of the cause that was in no way actually the cause of my experience, as ZOOM is being over protective in responding to the local library wifi and was not giving me any issues any other connection. 

Anyhow, I will hope that enabling the two-factor authentication will put an end on my experience, as it is not in my best interest to be required to have to change my password within 24 hours or it be done for me when there is no concerns with my account. 

Have you by chance seen this issue go away since your change? 

So far so good.  Funny thing is, the only problem I've had since I made the change was trying to reply to you just now.  In order to comment I had to log in.  In trying to log in, I pressed the "send code" button and nothing was sent to my phone for a long time.  After several attempts it worked.  When I'm at work I log in and just stay logged in for my work day so that when it's time I can jump right into the session without delays.  I hope you've also had success as this constantly changing my Zoom only password was definitely a hassle.

Two factor authentication hasn’t worked for me. I am still getting the emails. 

I use the two-factor authentication as well and still keep getting requests from zoom to change my password anytime I make a different user the host during a meeting. I hope this bug gets resolved soon.

that doesn't work. I did it five times and I'm still having the issue

Update: It has worked for me so far and it's now Oct. 20th.  One thing though, I haven't been using more than one location any more, just one.  I also checked and saw that my Zoom program had an update available and did the update.  Anyway, wanted to let anyone know that is having this frustrating problem that the two-factor authentication being turned on has so far worked for me after about twenty days.  I use Zoom about 4 days a week now. fyi  Best of luck.

Frustrat3d
Listener

I use Lastpass to store my passwords.  Every time I try to use Lastpass or even login directly into Zoom it asks me to change my password.  I have removed Zoom from Lastpass and it still does it.  This is extremely frustrating and causing issues with getting to my meetings on time.

LJHoff
Listener

I just posted this exact same password constant change in here today. I have had to change my password at least 5 times in the last few weeks. It is so aggravating to say the least. It all started it seems when I used a device that I had not used in almost a year. Now I cannot get it to stop. Has anyone actually had Zoom change the password on them? I'll try the 2-factor thing. Fingers crossed.

occit
Listener

This is so frustrating Zoom.  Asking me every couple weeks for a new password is not helpful.  I know this password isn't used anywhere else on any of my accounts.  Anyone on Zoom chime in on these in here?  

Susanb6
Listener

Same. I have two-factor ID and had to change my password 5 times in the last month. It would be one thing if I wasn't paying for this service, but I am - and there's no customer service. Zoom is the worst.  Looking into other options for my business because if they can't recognize me every single time I sign on they have a serious infrastructure problem. Worst service ever  

MJEquiron
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi@DanInToronto

Thank you for contacting Zoom Community.
We apologized that you are having issues with the message or email about your Zoom account has been compromised and you will need to reset your password.

This has been escalated already to the Zoom engineering team and it has been fixed last Thursday.

May I know if the issue if you are still having an issue?

Thank you,

MJ

Hello, I launch zoom from LastPass and zoom accepts the login info and then goes to a screen where it asks me to change my password - why??? Looks to me like the problem has not been fixed.

If I go to the zoom website and click login and let LastPass fill the login info it works just fine.

MJEquiron

Hi @CastleRockEDC , 

I am sorry to hear that you are still having issues.

Kindly submit a ticket to our Zoom technical support team here https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362003-Contact-Zoom-Support.

Thank you,

MJ Equiron

I am having the same issue as CastleRockEDC

MJEquiron

Hi @Frustrat3d ,

I am sorry to hear that you are still having issues after the fix release date from the Zoom engineering team.

Kindly submit a ticket to our Zoom technical support team here https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362003-Contact-Zoom-Support.

Thank you,

MJ Equiron

SaminDelmar
Listener

This is happening to me, as well.  Please, how to get Zoom to stop asking me to constantly change my password?

I don't get the long message that some say they are getting but it is frustrating that every day or two I must change my password. This sucks. Is zoom listening? Does they care?

MJEquiron

Hi @okzoom

I am sorry to hear that you feel that way. There was an issue that has been immediately escalated to our engineering team and the fix has been released last Thursday October 13, 2022.

If the issue still persists on your end after the fixed date, we can inform them about it.

Thank you,

MJ

MJEquiron

@SaminDelmar ,

Can you confirm the date of the last instance when it asked you to change your password?

Thank you,

MJ

Yes, of course! The last request I received was on Monday, October 10th, 2022. 

Thank you for following up with me. 

Kind regards,
Christine 

MJEquiron

@ZenLama / Christine,

Our Zoom Engineering team fixed this issue last Thursday October 13, 2022.

If the issue still persists after the fixed date, we can inform them about it.

Thank you,

MJ

dvonherder
Listener

MJEquirion: I am having the same issue and today is OCt 20th 2022. 

MJEquiron

Hi @dvonherder ,

We appreciate for letting us know about it and we are sorry to hear that you are still having issues.

Thank you,

MJ Equiron