cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouTube Audio Not Working While Screen Sharing

TheDisgaean
Listener

My friend and I watch YouTube videos over Screenshare together, but recently, our audio hasn't been working. When one of us is sharing a video, the other can't hear the audio. Recently, the audio started working when I started sharing something, but I still can't hear her audio when she's sharing a video. Does anybody know how to fix this?

10 REPLIES 10

ChrisO
Note Taker

Hi TheDisagean,

It is possible you are missing the check box to share computer audio when doing the screen share. Here is a guide on how to do so. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362643-Sharing-computer-sound-in-a-screen-share

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

Hello,

It looks as if I've got the same problem, or similar: when I checked the audio sharing box on the screen share option, trying to share a YouTube video with an online class, a menu appeared asking me for a password. Any idea which password that might be?

TheDisgaean
Listener

Thank you for your reply, but we've always been remembering to check Share Sound whenever the click share prompt shows up. I'll see about giving my friend info on switching it to Stereo sound though and making sure Share Computer Sound is enabled in Settings (or wherever it's located).

vanzellini
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

same problem here and is not the check box, the audio in downloaded videos work fine is the online videos

Robiii65
Listener

same problem here. The share audio box is checked but I can't hear the audio and neither can my viewers. 

Robiii65
Listener

It does work if the file is on my computer. It doesn't work when trying to play youtube videos.

John3Me
Listener

Same problem.  Only happening the last 3-4 weeks and the Zoom suggestions are really just copied right out of the user guide.  I thought this was because we switched to a new laptop running Windows 11 (up from W10), but it seems like it isn't working on other devices.  Do we need to install a plugin or switch to another app (from Zoom)?

Same here; how to contact a live person at Zoom without upgrading the Zoom that I am already paying for?!

willjoe2442
Participant

If you are new to Zoom, click here for our 'How to use Zoom' guide.
Open your computer browser. 
Visit the YouTube website. 
Click on the video.
Press and hold Ctrl on your keyboard and click on the link to open it in your browser.
Check that the volume on the video is turned up. 
Select 'Share sound'.

Regards,

Will

That doesn't help at all. at all. Sound works fine on video but not on screenshare. It worked all last year when i did 100s. Now if I I click on sound on the bottom left, it wants me to enter a password.