cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting the credit card information

Kdl-56
Listener

I need to know how to delete the information for the credit card in the 'Billing' section. I tried to do this but it appears to change the payment only without deleting the existing information for the credit card. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Kdl-56 suggest submitting a ticket to our Zoom billing team as they can help you with removing your credit card information here and do not monitor the Community! Thanks!

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Kdl-56 suggest submitting a ticket to our Zoom billing team as they can help you with removing your credit card information here and do not monitor the Community! Thanks!

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Unfortunately, Zoom does not have functionality for deleting payment information - this looks strange. If the user no longer wishes to store this information in your services, he should be free to delete it.

Technical support also refuses to delete the card data, citing the need to ensure uninterrupted operation of the service. But this shouldn't be a barrier either - it just needs to switch the user to a prepaid plan when the card is removed.
Summary: such restrictions from the zoom side look extremely ugly.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Kdl-56 welcome to the community! I would suggest reaching out to our Zoom billing support as they do not monitor the community and to get this resolved. You can create a ticket here

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

MelvynByrd
Listener

Trying to delete my credit card information was much more difficult than I expected. Despite all my efforts and attempts to follow the instructions, my account remained unchanged. It was an unpleasant experience and I contacted support for help. It is important to be careful with such information and ensure that it is securely protected. Help me please, I don’t know what to do?

catalans
Listener

It's concerning that there isn't an option for users to remove their credit card information, considering that this is sensitive user data.

Jpcc
Listener

I agree that remove their credit card info is not an option in zoom which will bring serious concern to the customer. 

I was able to remove the info before this, not sure when zoom remove such option.

Please solve this asap

Customer2
Listener

It is quite unpleasant. Why do I not have such a right to remove my sensitive information? Zoom must fix it

Zoom requires a credit card to remain on your account as long as you have an active subscription and your payment terms are due upon receipt. Once your subscription has expired, you can delete your entire account. This will remove all personal information along with it.

An account remains active until the end of its paid service period after you cancel. It cannot be deleted until the service period has ended. If you want to end paid features immediately, you have to contact Zoom to ask them to cancel effective immediately so you can delete your account.

NOTE: If you purchased in an app store, Zoom has no access to your payment information and cannot cancel your subscription from their end.

Tropic_Thunder
Observer

This is fraud, plain and simple, I'm sure it's in breach of consumer laws, how can you not have the right to remove credit card information? I'm fine re-entering them when needed, but Zoom cannot guarantee privacy or data breaches and should allow this feature. Scam. Totally unacceptable policy and greed from the company board.