cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find Version Number

ashleytylerjohn
Listener

Zoom says (for windows desktop) to login, click your profile picture, then click Help.  When I log in (using Chrome) and click on my profiile picture, it only gives my name, email, and the option to sign out. Help doesn't appear.  Am I doing something wrong, or were the instructions incorrect?

10 REPLIES 10

GeorgeA
Listener

I have the same experience (running Windows 11 on a laptop). I can't find a version number anywhere in my Zoom settings or my profile. However, I was able to find the version number in my Windows settings. For Windows 11, go to Settings --> Apps --> Apps & features. Scroll down to Zoom (which is most likely at the end, since the order is alphabetical). The version and date is listed there. 

Worked for me also.

skriddles
Listener

I found that reinstalling solved it.

after reinstalling did you see the version number of what you reinstalled? If so where was it located?

skriddles
Listener

Well, I should mention that I use an account through my workplace, so I usually log in through SSO (single sign on). Before that, I had a free account for which I used my same work email address, and I’m not always sure whether that one comes into play.

On a Windows 11 pc, when I launch the Zoom application, it presents a login window where I click "Sign in". The next window asks for the email and password, but at the bottom, I click "SSO", and it loads a browser window that prompts me to launch the app, which seems a bit redundant.

Normally, I accept the prompt to launch the app, then in the top right of the app, when I click on my profile, it has lots of information, including "Help" which leads to the version number.

If I want to bypass the prompt to launch the app, I can go in Chrome straight to the Zoom login at https://zoom.us . There, it doesn’t seem to matter whether I choose “SSO”. Either way, I log in and when I go to the Zoom profile area in the Chrome window, it doesn't show a version number. It just has that very small window with my name, my email address, and the word “licensed”. If I do this without the “SSO” step, it might be loading my older account. I don’t know how to tell.

Before, when I first posted, I was not seeing the version number in the app. I installed a fresh version from an msi file that my workplace provided. That made the app start showing the version number again.

brewno
Listener

A year later, this still isn't solved. There is no way to find out what version of Zoom client I'm running on Windows. 

brewno
Listener

What is even the point of this "community" if no one from Zoom reads and works on solving the problems?

WendyMayer
Listener

That's what my computer does also🤔

Kurt_I_Love
Listener

I just installed the latest version (5.15.5) and the same issue exists.

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

Checking the Zoom version number

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362393-Checking-the-Zoom-version-number 

There is no version number when accessing Zoom through a browser. The version number is in regards to the desktop application.

Updating Zoom Desktop client to the latest version

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362233-Updating-Zoom-to-the-latest-version 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!