cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weak Audio even at Maximum Volume Setting

Petyew
Listener

I have an iPad Pro. I can barely hear the voices of the other participants even when the volume is set to the highest. But the problem disappears when I turn off the microphone setting. I don’t have this problem with my other iPad.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Great @Petyew 

I am seen cases cause a problem a few times.

You may still want to try logging the Original Sound settings like I mentioned above. A different setting in Original Sound may affect the case being on or off. Worth a try.

Please Mark as Solution if this solved your problem.

Rupert

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Rupert

By when you "turn off the microphone setting" do you mean when you Mute yourself in Zoom?

Is your iPad in a case - if so, can you try it without the case on?

I didn’t mute myself. It’s either I turn off the microphone and hear the conversation normally or turn back the microphone and hear a very weak audio from the speakers.

Rupert

Can you describe what method you use to turn off your microphone? Are you using an external microphone?

No. I use the built in microphone in my iPad. Using the settings/privacy/microphone link I turn the microphone on.

Rupert

Try turning Original Sound either Off or On - depending on its current state.

This setting can be found in Zoom from the home screen of the app (not in an actual Meeting) in the Settings menu. Maybe under Meeting Settings.

However it is set now, try it in the opposite settings.

Just to see if that makes a difference might help us understand what is going on. 

Again - is your iPad in a case - if so, can you try it without the case on?

Is your iPad  up-to-date in iOS, and is your Zoom app itself up-to-date?

Also - are you able to test with earphones?

Original sound on or off makes no difference. Both iPadOS and Zoom versions are the latest. Using earphones makes no difference. I’ve not tried removing the  iPad case. I will update here after I’ve done so.

Solved! The problem is with the case. After removing it I’m able to have a normal chat session. Thanks Rupert for your suggestion but I’m still unsure why the case is the problem because it was designed for the iPad Pro and the speakers are not blocked.

Rupert

Great @Petyew 

I am seen cases cause a problem a few times.

You may still want to try logging the Original Sound settings like I mentioned above. A different setting in Original Sound may affect the case being on or off. Worth a try.

Please Mark as Solution if this solved your problem.

Rupert

After refitting the case the audio came out good. It must be the casing was improperly fitted the first time but I’m relieved.