cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submitting messages in Zoom Community when not logged in - lost!

Rupert
Collaborator

Hi,

Sometimes when I visit the Zoom Community my session has expired or I have become logged out.

That itself is no problem.

But if I do not spot the fact I am not logged in, I am still able to type a reply in a Discussion. When I then hit Reply (submit) not yet realizing I am not logged in, the page submits, logs me in to my account, but does NOT retain the message I have typed. It reloads the Discussion without my reply.

I have lost a few detailed replies in this way. Do they get saved somewhere, or just lost?

I do need to be more careful to check that I am logged in before submitting - but is there any other way of catching this  problem?

Thanks,

Rupert

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @Rupert ,

Our community already has an extended period of time before log out occurs (the maximum time we can set 😂). Therefore,  if you keep your browser open for more than this set logged in time, you will (as you have experienced) be silently logged out. And, in your case, if you are logged out and try to create content, there is high risk it could be lost.

I would recommend that if you know it's been at least a few hours since you last engaged on the site but have kept your browser window open on the community, I would try to make it a habit to refresh your page prior to creating a new discussion or drafting a reply. I recognize this is not a direct remedy to your use case, but I hope it can help be further confirmation that this is the route you will need to take to reduce this experience from happening in the future (losing any text you have drafted up).

As @Bri mentioned, if you are logged in and started a discussion or a reply, you will see those saved in your drafts. 

Thanks!

Alexis

As a side note, you are KILLING it on the Zoom Community! 🔥 Way to go!!! Your activity has not gone unnoticed 😊.

View solution in original post

@Rupert I echo @alexisbrown 's thoughts. Additionally, before refreshing your page, I'd maybe copy the text just to ensure all your hard work isn't lost because you were no longer logged in. That way, you could simply paste it into the text field after you've ensured you're logged in again 🙂

6 REPLIES 6

Bri
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Rupert, that's a great question! If you view your profile, are you able to see the Drafts section on the right-hand side? 

Rupert
Collaborator

Hi @Bri 

Thank you for your reply!

I do see Drafts on my Profile page. I do have some Drafts there - but it does not see to have the ones I have typed and submitted when I wasn't logged in.

Any further thoughts?

Thanks again,

Rupert

Hi @Rupert ,

Our community already has an extended period of time before log out occurs (the maximum time we can set 😂). Therefore,  if you keep your browser open for more than this set logged in time, you will (as you have experienced) be silently logged out. And, in your case, if you are logged out and try to create content, there is high risk it could be lost.

I would recommend that if you know it's been at least a few hours since you last engaged on the site but have kept your browser window open on the community, I would try to make it a habit to refresh your page prior to creating a new discussion or drafting a reply. I recognize this is not a direct remedy to your use case, but I hope it can help be further confirmation that this is the route you will need to take to reduce this experience from happening in the future (losing any text you have drafted up).

As @Bri mentioned, if you are logged in and started a discussion or a reply, you will see those saved in your drafts. 

Thanks!

Alexis

As a side note, you are KILLING it on the Zoom Community! 🔥 Way to go!!! Your activity has not gone unnoticed 😊.

@Rupert I echo @alexisbrown 's thoughts. Additionally, before refreshing your page, I'd maybe copy the text just to ensure all your hard work isn't lost because you were no longer logged in. That way, you could simply paste it into the text field after you've ensured you're logged in again 🙂

Rupert
Collaborator

Thank you @Bri and @alexisbrown . Yep - I am training myself into those habits, just in case. Thank you for insights and opinion.

And @alexisbrown - thanks for acknowledging my efforts in the Zoom Community. I'm happy to be here, and to share thoughts and experiences to help others - and to learn myself. I've been using Zoom extensively (!) over the last year (as a User, Host, and Account Owner - for Meetings, Webinar, Rooms, and to some extent Events, and just recently OnZoom)  so I am trying to put those experiences to good use.

Rupert

You 👏 are 👏 incredible 👏!!! Thank you for sharing your experiences, success stories, and assisting in providing solutions to fellow Zoom users. You are a true rockstar! 🤘