cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirror the screen of the host (as a guest)

ReniMary
Listener

Hello, I am doing dance lessons via Zoom and would like to mirror the screen from the host, so that I can see the teacher from the correct side. Can I do this as a guest / student or can only the teacher himself mirror his screen?

He told me, I can do the mirroring, but I can't find anything...

Thanks for your help!

Reni

8 REPLIES 8

aeynon
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hello ReniMary, to mirror your video you can go into your Preferences and select the video tab and you will see the mirror video option.  Please see the diagram below. Hopefully, this helps and if this does solve your issue can you please mark this issue as closed. 

2022-01-15_07-08-22.jpg

I'm not sure if this was what original poster meant but I'd like to know how to mirror my dance teacher, not myself. When taking class the instructor will say something like "extend your right arm" and when they demo, it's the left arm from my perspective. It is instinct to extend the arm on the same side as the teacher especially because when attending in person classes the teacher will face the mirror just like the students so everyone is looking at the reflection. Is there a way to mirror the view of speaker/host so it mimics all of us facing the same direction. I hope I explained well enough to communicate what I'm trying to accomplish.  Thank you!

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @ILOVGRATE ! Welcome to the community. You explained your question perfectly. However, in order to accomplish this, you might need to ask your instructor to alter their camera settings. Participants can't alter the view of the host.  Hope this helps!

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

What camera setting would the host make so that it’s participants see the host mirror image.  Which is what the above question is asking%

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Āina ! This can be done in your Settings. Navigate to Background & Effects, and then select "Mirror my video". 

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Thank you for the help.  I could not find “background & effects” in the setting section.  Could you please send an image of what I’m looking for?  Thank you.  I really hope it works so that I can teach dance class through zoom.  The students need to be able to see my mirror image, like I see my mirror image.

Thank you for the help, however that option only changes my mirror image view that I see, not what my participants see.  If I raise my right hand, I see it on the right side but my participants see it on the left side.  I would like the participants to the my mirror image. If it can be done for me to see, it should be easy for my participants to see

Nobis
Listener

Curious if anyone has found a way to show a mirrored video to participants since the last comment..