cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microphone does not create sound for other Zoom attendees.

drose
Listener

I have a Lenovo E15. The built-in camera works fine, however no other Zoom attendee can hear me through the built-in microphone (Synaptics). Online tests of the microphone work perfectly, plays back with no issue. Other apps using the microphone work. Testing in Zoom shows the microphone sound bars going up and down while I speak, but there is no sound playing back. When I plug in a third-party microphone (it's a Yeti) the sound is picked up and plays for Zoom members perfectly. Any idea why my built-in Synaptics microphone refuses to work with Zoom, but works with everything else?  This microphone worked for months (system is less than a year old), but of late, this trouble.

Thank you. --drose

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @drose have you tried any system updates for the Lenovo E15? Or any microphone drivers? Did you check the Windows Microphone settings for the playback to ensure that the microphone defaults? 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @drose have you tried any system updates for the Lenovo E15? Or any microphone drivers? Did you check the Windows Microphone settings for the playback to ensure that the microphone defaults? 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @drose, just checking in on my reply! Were you able to look into any updates on getting your microphone to work with Zoom? 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his