cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link to article relevant to a Zoom Community discussion

SimonMackay
Observer

Hi!

I have written on my IT website which I run. an article relevant to a question someone had posted regarding "casting" their Zoom meeting audio  to their TV. This was touching on the issue of "display audio" devices associated with GPUs and that "package" sound to send via HDMI or DisplayPort with the video to audio devices connected using these means.

I wanted to create a link on this site to this article that I wrote because this can be of use to people having sound issues with TVs / monitors and audio equipment connected that way. But I am a bit unsure about this because this discussion board may prohibit linking to Web resources that are away from it due to spam or data-security issues. I am actually wanting to know if it is OK to create this kind of link?

With regards,

Simon Mackay

4 REPLIES 4

Rupert
Collaborator

Hi @SimonMackay 

My own view:

I have seen links posted before, and I sometimes post links myself with no problem.

I also have not seen anything in the Community Guidelines about not posting links.

https://community.zoom.com/t5/Community-Help-Center/Zoom-Community-Guidelines/td-p/25

I am sure that posting links to any external content that obviously contravened the essence of Community Guidelines in nature would be swiftly moderated!

I, myself, always try to paste URLs in full, rather than embedding links or using short-urls - that way I'm giving the user the greatest visibility into what they might click on - being as clear as possible I am not trying to hide something.

I believe useful links to relevant content are appreciated in the Community. 

Rupert

I fully agree. Links to relevant content are fine to me. 🙂

James_Hynes
Observer

Simon,

I would encourage you to publish your article, because I'm experiencing similar problems, and I am sure that other people are too.

I have been trying to display the Zoom meeting on TV, so other people in the room can see and hear. I have connected my laptop using an HDMI cable, and the video was fine, but there is no sound. I've also tried using a projector, and the same thing happens.

I tried using external speakers, plugged into the headphone jack, but there was no sound coming to the headphone jack. Every other video source, such as YouTube or embedded videos and websites works fine.

Please publish your article if it will help people like me solve the problem.

This is the article that I wrote on my HomeNetworking01.info about the display audio issue:

Why is there an audio driver with your computer’s graphics chipset? – HomeNetworking01.Info 

It covers the fact that your computer's graphics subsystem comes with an audio driver if it is equipped with an HDMI or DisplayPort output (including USB-C ports that have DisplayPort alt mode). This is the audio output device you use if you want to have the sound through your TV's or monitor's speakers or the audio device that is connected via HDMI or DisplayPort.

I wrote this because of people trying to rationalise the device drivers on their computer and deleting these "Display audio" drivers then finding that they can't hear sound through their HDMI-connected TV because of the absence of that "Display audio" driver.

The relevance to Zoom users is that they use the "display audio" driver if they want to hear the videoconference's sound through their HDMI-connected TV's speakers or the soundbar or home-theatre setup connected to their TV.  This would be set up in Zoom's Audio settings where they set the "Speaker" device to something like Intel Display Audio in the case of a laptop equipped with the Intel integrated graphics that is connected to a TV via the HDMI inputs.

With regards,

Simon Mackay