cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I list my full name as my display name?

mrenaud
Listener

When I enter my display name in the proper location HERE, it won't let me put a space between my first and last name anymore.  Please help.  Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Are you seeing an error? Are you able to type externally and then copy and paste into that box?

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Rupert

Are you seeing an error? Are you able to type externally and then copy and paste into that box?

Thank you!  Typing externally and then copy-paste did the trick. 

I see nothing to help me get my name with my video in a meeting.  All I get is OWNER and I have no idea how that happened

Tom
Listener

You can also do a right click on your video when you are in a meeting and select Rename.

Yes, but not always.  And I want it to say my first and last name as the default.  Right now I'm in a zoom meeting where my video is not displayed, but I'm able to write in the chat.  I want my first and last name in there too - but there's nowhere to change it.  

Rupert

Changing your display in your web settings will not change your name within a meeting in progress.

You have to rename yourself within the meeting, if it is allowed by the Host - which it isn't always.

Right-click yourself in the meeting and choose rename there.

That is correct, but it will change it for the next meeting I'm in!  

I do not see this option available!  The host of my meeting said I need my first and last name on my display name.  When I go into my Zoom website setting it shows my first and last name as the display name but it does not work on my zoom calls.

mareli
Listener

hyshhyt