cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

poor quality signal

Pauloraw
Listener

Hi, I have enjoyed excellent Zoom meetings since the COVID pandemic. Upon returning to my desk last week after a summer break my signal is weak and I am now getting a message saying I could have low system resources available. The signal gets weak now when I try to open another app eg in Share, opening word or excel etc, the audio cackles and the video freezes. My C drive is no more than 60% full so that doesn't seem to be the problem. I haven't added any new software recently. Any ideas?

Regards, Paul

2 REPLIES 2

Ohkawa
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, Pauloraw

This may be due to insufficient memory or insufficient CPU capacity.
If you have the HD video setting turned on, turning it off may improve the situation.
Making the video window smaller will also help reduce the CPU load.

DECH
Listener

If using a Laptop a common report is that the issue stops when on battery power;  with power on two issues may occur; extra CPU usage where some extra services run only when plugged in and extra heat.  One person who had tech. support replacing her Laptop piece by piece and had tried various options discovered that putting her Laptop on a wire tray from the oven fixed the problem -  which implies that excess heat lowers system resources.  Interesting to note that those (few) concerned with good posture (and have a Laptop and stand which leaves much of the Laptop's base exposed to air) also likely got the benefit of a more stable machine.