cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I transcribe a zoom recording?

KHt35791
Listener

I recorded a meeting today to my server (not the cloud).  how do I get the transcription of this recording?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dan_ZoomSE
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

You cannot save to Zoom cloud using third party app..  I meant that at this point since your recording is local you will need to look for a different solution to transcribe the recording for you.   

Doing a quick google search, I would check in to Otter.Ai, Rev.com, descript.com rewatch.com, etc.  Please note that neither Zoom nor I endorse or promote any of these services, this is just an example of a quick google search for "create transcript from video"

Zoom can ONLY transcribe could recordings when transcription setting is enabled prior tot he recording being made.

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Dan_ZoomSE

Hello @KHt35791,

Zoom only provides meeting transcription for recordings made with our Cloud Recording service.  If you recorded locally, you will need to search online for a third party app that may be able to do that for you.  We do not have any recommendation for this other than to use our Cloud Recording with transcription.

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!

hi Dan, thank you for your reply.  I realise I should have saved to the cloud, but I saved locally. i do not know how to save to the cloud using a third party app. Can you please advise me?

BW, Mannie

Dan_ZoomSE

You cannot save to Zoom cloud using third party app..  I meant that at this point since your recording is local you will need to look for a different solution to transcribe the recording for you.   

Doing a quick google search, I would check in to Otter.Ai, Rev.com, descript.com rewatch.com, etc.  Please note that neither Zoom nor I endorse or promote any of these services, this is just an example of a quick google search for "create transcript from video"

Zoom can ONLY transcribe could recordings when transcription setting is enabled prior tot he recording being made.

Thanks!

How do I enable transcription setting prior to start zoom cloud recording? Thanks!

Can we upload a local zoom recording to the cloud retroactively and get the transcription that way? I must say that this should be worked on if not.

Hello, 

I recorded a meeting on zoom to the cloud, however it says "unable to transcribe."  Is there a way to get this?  I had all of my settings set to enable this and the meeting I had following it was transcribed ok.

Thanks,

Hope

Hi Dan,

I recorded to the cloud, how do I transcribe? I thought I had the setting on my Zoom set but I did not

AIC040202
Listener

It would be fantastic to get the transcription for pre-existed records, even as a on-demand service 

Bort

There are some integrations that will provide transcriptions after the fact, but these only work with cloud recordings. Check out Otter.ai and other potential integrations on the Zoom App Marketplace

Daniel-Pirciu
Listener

adding to @Bort's recommendation, I would highly recommend checking out Meetgeek as well. It offers 5 hours/month free and has a great support team.

Camillemawete
Listener

I need my zoom ID meeting