cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy chat messages on Mac

de498kg
Listener

Hi,

using my MacBook im unable to copy chat messages during online lectures. (other participants can do it)

don't know where the problem is 😕

5 REPLIES 5

UBIQS
Listener

I have the same issue. This is very useful to copy an specific email address or link

burke
Listener

Same problem here. Currently running Version: 5.10.7 (7748) on macOS 12.4 and there is no option to copy text in chat (never, even in calls I self-host & ensure chat can be saved and even in calls when other people can copy text in chat... so clearly a bug). Uninstalling & re-installing Zoom doesn't help.

Context menu doesn't show "Copy" as an option and pressing command+C just gives an error "beep" and doesn't copy.

burke_0-1655150217575.png

I would love to know how to copy text in chat. Unfortunately, it seems that a handful of users and myself are suffering some bug where our account doesn't allow copying text in chat

• I'm assuming it's not a client-side bug, since it's user-specific and re-installing from scratch makes no difference.
  • It's not a host setting problem, since we can't copy text in chat while other people in the same meeting with accounts in the same organization can copy text in chat while we cannot.

There's definitely a host setting to prevent copying text in chat, but there's also definitely a bug that – even when the host setting is not preventing copying text in chat – some of us can't copy text in chat. 😥

Nmingay
Listener

I am also having this issue. The chat is not available to be copied. Any update on this?

burke
Listener

FWIW... my situation got fixed when my institutional account was updated. So, I'm suspicious that the inability to copy text within the chat window is being disabled by some setting in your individual account on the server. I was never able to figure out how or what needed to change on the account, but got lucky when my institution moved accounts around. If you continue to be unable to copy text within chat while others with similar accounts in the same organization can, I would see if your local Zoom admins can either compare your account settings with someone whose copy is working or somehow reset your account to see if it helps.