cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't update zoom for mac - error code 10008

sjh180
Listener

Good morning - I can't install the 5.11.0 version update - it gives me an error code 10008. This hasn't been that much of an issue because I've still been able to join meetings via the zoom website, but this morning I no longer have audio despite the settings being correctly connected. Any help appreciated...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

S_K
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi there!

The 10008 error means that the two files below are missing. It's possible that another application could have deleted the two files.

“/Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/us.zoom.ZoomDaemon” 

"/Library/LaunchDaemons/us.zoom.ZoomDaemon.plist" 

Try uninstalling the Zoom client and install the latest version. 

1. Open the Zoom desktop application.
  2. Select zoom.us at the top of your screen and select Uninstall Zoom
  3. Select OK to confirm uninstalling the Zoom desktop application and all of its components.
  4. Once completed, you can reinstall Zoom on the download center.

See also How to Uninstall Zoom.

If this has answered or helped you find a solution to your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so others in the Community may benefit as well. ⤵️

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

S_K

Hi there!

The 10008 error means that the two files below are missing. It's possible that another application could have deleted the two files.

“/Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/us.zoom.ZoomDaemon” 

"/Library/LaunchDaemons/us.zoom.ZoomDaemon.plist" 

Try uninstalling the Zoom client and install the latest version. 

1. Open the Zoom desktop application.
  2. Select zoom.us at the top of your screen and select Uninstall Zoom
  3. Select OK to confirm uninstalling the Zoom desktop application and all of its components.
  4. Once completed, you can reinstall Zoom on the download center.

See also How to Uninstall Zoom.

If this has answered or helped you find a solution to your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so others in the Community may benefit as well. ⤵️

Perfect solution...thank you

Thanks for your solution.

But that is not a good way to uninstall the old package, download new pacakge and again installed it.

Why don't you fix this update issue itself, which will be single click process for end user?

Thanks

Reddy

S_K

Hi admin_reddy,

I understand the frustration. Computers can be frustrating, and sometimes the issue stems from computer systems themselves. We can't fix the issue if that's what's causing it. That's why we have troubleshooting tips like this.

Please use the Feedback Form to submit your ideas, suggestions, or concerns. This ensures your thoughts are being seen by the right team for consideration or action.

Thank you!

Will uninstalling and reinstalling affect any meetings scheduled in the future .... clients have previously been sent a link for an upcoming meeting.  If I uninstall and reinstall zoom in order to load the update, will that meeting link still be valid?

Shouldn't be an issue. Meeting invitations are related to your account... There won't be any issue with already scheduled meeting if you do it any number of times.

Hello

Sir

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @sjh180 !

You have a response to your discussion worth noting 🙂. If this reply by @S_K was helpful, please click Accept as Solution. This will help members with a similar question to easily find your post. 

Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

S_K

Hi sjh180,

I'm curious to know if my reply was helpful. If my suggestion worked, please click Accept as Solution on my original response so others may benefit from the answer as well. 😀

Sorry S_K, 

Tried a few times but no improvement. Tried with different internet connections - also no success. Any way I can go back to an earlier version?

S_K

Hi Pincuff,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble updating. This thread is specific to error code 10008, which usually means that there are some missing files that are essential for the Zoom application to run properly. I haven't seen this issue reported for Windows, but I did find the information below for MacOS.

1. Launch Finder
  2. Go to the Applications folder
  3. Look for the Zoom application, right-click on it, then left-click on Show Package Contents
  4. Go to Contents > Frameworks, then double-click on the ZoomUninstaller application
  5. Reboot the device (do not skip this step)
  6. Download and install the latest version of the Zoom desktop client at www.zoom.us/download. (If your Mac has an Apple Silicon chip, click here to download.)
  7. Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy tab and check and confirm the Zoom application got the necessary access. You can check the following support article for additional information regarding what access is needed:
    https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360016688031-Granting-macOS-permissions-for-the-Zoom-clien...
  8. Launch the Zoom desktop client and sign in.
  9. Check and confirm if you can start an instant Zoom Meeting event or join a Zoom test meeting by following the instructions found in the support article below:
    https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115002262083-Joining-a-Zoom-test-meeting

If this helped, please click the Accept as Solution button so others in the Community may benefit as well! 

willjoe
Attendee

Why can't I update Zoom on my Mac?
How to Update Zoom for Mac When the Update Installer Fails or is Not Working. The simplest way to force an update to Zoom on the Mac is to simply re-download and re-install Zoom again, rather than rely on the automatic updater and installer, which is prone to failure

Regards,

Will