cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account has been deleted by their account admin

Zumiro
Listener

Hi I can't chat with my friend. I used to chat daily with her but today my problem began

When I send a contact request to her, she won't received my invitation, when she invites me, I accept and I see this following message

Zumiro_1-1639574730757.png

If i click on "Start Chat", I can't send a message because I see this warning

"Paula Moreno's account has been deleted by their account admin"

18 REPLIES 18

FrancoFerrer
Listener

Idem for me, it says in spanish "La cuenta de XXX XXX ha sido eliminada por su administrador de cuenta". I have been trying everything that pass through my mind, without success, even delete contact and add again. Losing faith now...

Xblade
Listener

I have the exact same issue with a work colleague. We chat pretty much every day but today it said his account had been deleted by the account admin. All my other work colleagues can still chat with him fine. I have gone through the same steps as yourself and no success. It's extremely frustrating.

Listener

I have the same issue. Does anyone know how to fix the issue?

blue_9808
Listener

having the same issue. tried to look for solutions in zoom's portal but can't find any.  

ndolas
Listener

People are reporting the same problem with my account. 

xEM
Listener

Same here.
Seem like a server side issue. Zoom should fix their stuff.

davida
Listener

Same Here. Some people can't send me a message due to same reason. 

Zooomer
Listener

Same again. This has been going on for 2 days now and no sign of a fix.

OEDE
Listener

Same error here! Reinstall, update to 8.5.7 does not solve the problem.

roguetexan
Listener

same here - to all of the above! 😠

BrandonS
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

I am seeing this with an external contact too.  A couple days ago I saw the status change to user was deleted, but after speaking with her she is still active and I invited her to chat again.  After she accepts I can see her chat to me, but can't reply as it still shows deleted..  

skitch.jpg

@townsendwc I have seen you active and helpful recently on the forums and it seems you work at Zoom?  Can you look into this and make sure the appropriate team is aware?

townsendwc
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@BrandonS 
I assume the external contacts are Zoom users with a different company since our chat only federates with Zoom today.  Were these external contacts added by you directly through an invite or were they part of the company's external contacts directory?  Has anyone opened a support ticket with Zoom?  Do you have a ticket number?

BrandonS

She is a different company (paid with zoom phone) and it worked for a month or so before suddenly seeing the notice about being deleted. I don't have a ticket since I am a free user and not sure I even could, but may see if she wants to open one. 

Are you implying that this should not have worked when you write, “our chat only federates with Zoom today”?

Listener

I reported the issue on this link. Please everybody report your issue too to make them aware the issue and fix!
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000996591&fbclid=IwAR2tFItEK-fwbDpfk...

Hi, I also reported the issue, and spoke to the Chat support. Yesterday I couldnt see any change.
Today for one external contact it seems to be resolved. - We can communicate again!
Cannot check other contacts right now, since they are offline on the weekend...

Listener

Let's report to the Zoom support about the issue and ask them to fix it!
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000996591&fbclid=IwAR2tFItEK-fwbDpfk...

BrandonS

This is resolved for the one contact I had an issue with now.  It required me to add her as a contact again, but now works as expected after she accepted.