cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Background no longer works.

Rob3
Listener

Hello, I upgraded to paid account yesterday. Up till then, on free account, my Virtual Backgrounds worked just fine. Now won't. Says I need plain colour background, preferably gree, I am in front of greenscreen. I looked at 2 YouTube tutorials, both suggest clicking my top right of Zoom profile thumbnail photo for a list of options. That I should go to Check for Updates. I click on thumbnail. Apart from my email address, no options appear so I can't Check for Updates.  I aslo went to Settings to check that Virtual Backgrounds option is activated. It is.  Appreciate your help!

4 REPLIES 4

Aurora1
Listener

I have that same problem to.

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Rob3, sorry to hear you're having issues with your virtual background! What device are you using? Also, have you checked out this article about changing your virtual background from our knowledge base? 

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

My background pic disappeared. I've spent over an hour today trying to get it back. There is no option to use or manage virtual backgrounds now. Very frustrating!

anissat
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Were you using a different device to access Zoom? The virtual backgrounds are available on all accounts, paid or free. Usually the reason why a user will receive the message you received is because they are now using a device that doesn't have a camera or video drivers that support/process virtual backgrounds without a green screen for support.

Have you tried your account on another device?

Hope this helps! Make sure to press "Accept as Solution" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Zooming!
Anissa • Zoomologist • @anissat