cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Zoom chat in app and be in Zoom Meeting

MWII
Listener

Can I be in Zoom chat to be talking to my colleagues and also be in a Zoom meeting? I'm having difficulty that this is possible. 

I was hoping to replace Skype with Zoom chat but I guess I need to keep Skype, so I can talk to my colleagues outside of a Zoom meeting. 

6 REPLIES 6

Creola
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @MWII ,

You can absolutely be in a Zoom meeting and chat from the application with your colleagues at the same time. Make sure you installed the Zoom application on your device and it is up to date. You can use this link if you need to do a fresh installation for the Zoom Client for meetings https://zoom.us/download.

Once installed you will need to sign into the application then you can start chatting and/or host/join a meeting at the same time.

MWII
Listener

I believe though the app is disabled when being in a Zoom meeting and sharing a screen. Zoom app is not available. is this true? 

The desktop app simply minimizes when you are in a meeting. You should see the App icon either on your taskbar or in the sys tray. Simply click on it to bring it back to the front while you are in the meeting.

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

Hi Chris, I'm a Mac user. I do still see the zoom icon. I do agree the zoom app seems to minimize, however, I cannot access Zoom chat with my colleagues when I'm in a meeting with a customer. 

Yeah, Mac and Windows are two different beasts. As I don't use Mac, I am not familiar with how the App reacts on it. Sorry!

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

pieterbotes

@MWII You can either just click twice on the Zoom icon in the dock to bring it back up, or you can, while on the meeting window, press: 

command +

(  ` back tick, is the button on the most upper left hand under the ~ sign)

That will toggle you back to the main Zoom window.

Thanks!