Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New members not seeing previous chat

Wisher
Listener

Hello!

I was tasked with creating a channel with the following specifications:

• Must be admin-only for posting (so read-only for everyone else)
  • Must allow new members to see previous chat

The problem is, I have created a new channel with admin-only posting and ticked the box to allow new members to see any previous chat - however, when I get a friend to join to test it, they cannot see any existing chat.

I've tried:

• different users, external and internal
  • unticking and re-ticking the "new members..." box
  • creating another channel in case that wasn't working

However, now I'm just stumped and really struggling to figure it out. I would love any help, thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @Wisher 

Let's see if we can narrow it down...

Is this a Private or Public Channel?

Have you tested with joining an actual Admin to the channel (rather than just users) to see if they see can see previous messages - just as a test?

Have you tried with a  channel not set to admin-only - again as a test?

What Zoom client or devices are your channel members using? Are they up-to-date?

If YOU leave and join the channel - do you see previous messages?

Do you have Cloud Storage enabled for Chat (IM) here https://zoom.us/account/im/setting

Do you have other Chat channels that are otherwise working fine?

Are your "internal" users all on the same Zoom account?

Rupert

Hi @Rupert 

Is this a Private or Public Channel?

It's a private channel - our other existing channels are all private and work fine. I've tested a public one just to be sure and still had the same problem.

Have you tested with joining an actual Admin to the channel (rather than just users) to see if they see can see previous messages - just as a test?

Yep! I've tried this. I invited the "Owner" of the organisation account to the channel - they couldn't see it. Maybe it needs to be created by them? Or by someone with a licensed admin account instead of a basic admin account?

Have you tried with a  channel not set to admin-only - again as a test?

Yep, it still results in being unable to see previous messages.

What Zoom client or devices are your channel members using? Are they up-to-date?

They all were up-to-date, so the latest version.

If YOU leave and join the channel - do you see previous messages?

I created a channel with the same settings, posted messages - brought in another user, set them to admin (they couldn't see any messages), I left, they posted new messages and then I re-joined - I could see my messages but not their messages. Unless I've misunderstood the purpose of that button. 

Do you have Cloud Storage enabled for Chat (IM) here https://zoom.us/account/im/setting

Yes, this is enabled for all users.

Do you have other Chat channels that are otherwise working fine?

We have several chat channels that all allow you to see everyone's previous messages - which is what I want for this one. However, they weren't set up by me.

Are your "internal" users all on the same Zoom account?

Yes, it's an organisation account.

Did this issue ever get resolved? I’m having the same problem 

AsmitSharma
Listener

when you creat channel then there come option that new members can see previous chat or not 

from there you click the option 'can see' then new members can see previous chat 

You would think, but it doesn’t work for me either