cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local recording

HHA
Listener

I have recorde many times meetings  on the local computer. Yesterday, April 19, 2022, the recording was delayed so I left and left the computer open, but when I returned, the application was closed and the recording was nowhere to be found. How can I recover the recording?

5 REPLIES 5

ommatinn
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hey HHA,

By default, local recordings will be placed in following directory:

• Windows: C:\Users\[Username]\Documents\Zoom
  • Mac: /Users/[Username]/Documents/Zoom
  • Linux: home/[Username]/Documents/Zoom

Please check if you found the recording mark this case solved the issue.

Is there a time/length limit for local recordings? i just did a 90 minute coaching session with a client and the recording stopped after one hour???

HHA
Listener

Unfortunately the file is nowhere to be found. Is it possible to find it somewhere else?

Bruno-BaKano
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @HHA ,

Sometimes the recordings are not converted to a proper video file, which can happen if the app crashed or closed like you've described.
Try to manually convert your local recording to see if that works. If the client does not list the recording nor you can find any files that might be related to the recording and created (or changed) on your disk during the time you left the app running, or with the date of yesterday (you can search per date created/changed), then you'll need to contact Zoom support (as mentioned in the article linked above) but if it was indeed local recording you used and there is no data, I'm afraid there won't be much Support can do...

ommatinn

@HHA 

Please follow as @Bruno-BaKano  mentioned.