cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host disabled participant

karencastle
Listener

In a test meeting I'm creating for myself for the purpose of testing my "screen sharing" I keep getting this message window... " Host disabled participant screen sharing". How can I change this so I can test my ability to screen share for future meetings?  When I click on the green "screen sharing" button, it just goes directly to this message.  Warning, I'm 62 and slowly getting computer savvy. I would greatly appreciate help.

3 REPLIES 3

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @karencastle, and welcome to the Zoom Community! I would be glad to help you. Have you checked your Settings to ensure that screen-sharing is enabled? Also, what device are you using?

You might also find this resource to be helpful: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362153-Sharing-your-screen-or-desktop-on-Zoom 

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

That was a great video. It doesn't take care of my issue but there was great info in there. Thank you.  Today I have a friend having me join a meeting so I can test the screen sharing. I'm thinking it will work since I already allowed access through my settings. I'm guessing that it may not be doable for me to test screen sharing on a test video I created??  Hopefully this works.  Thank you so much for your time. I will let you know if that worked. 🙂

karencastle
Listener

Yes.  But I'm using a test zoom.  I'm on a Mac.  My goal is to be able to screen share during meetings I join where I am not the host. Because I'm testing it by myself as a test meeting that make me the host. Maybe it's impossible to test screen sharing on a test meeting?

I will take a look at the link you gave me. But it's likely the same one I keep following with basic info.  Thanks so much.