cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Sharing Issues

UseratPragmatic
Listener

Hello,

Our organization is experiencing intermittent document sending failures while hosting meetings. The document will show the message "network disconnected". The network is not disconnected as the user does not lose internet connection, nor does the user lose connection  to the Zoom Meeting. This has happened to multiple users, with multiple document types (PDF, XLXS, DOC).  We have ensured our clients are updated to the most current version of Zoom (5.10.7(6120)).  I have attached a screenshot of the error that is received. 

Thanks,

PragUser

3 REPLIES 3

S_K
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi there!

It is likely that some participants cannot see the files because they have joined the Zoom meeting through a method that doesn't support file transfer. This is most likely they joined via the Web client, which does not yet have the ability to view sent files (just tested this to be sure). I'd advise they install the desktop client or mobile app and join using that instead. 

If this has answered or helped you find a solution to your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so others in the Community may benefit as well. ⤵️

Cheers!

UseratPragmatic
Listener

S_K the issue has nothing to do with recipients not seeing the files. The issue is the with the user uploading the files from a desktop client while hosting a meeting. Please re-read my original post as I do not believe you understood the issue.

S_K

Hi 'UseratPragmatic',

I believe the answer works either way. It's possible that some participants cannot see or send files because they have joined the Zoom meeting through a method that doesn't support file transfer. It's recommended that they install the desktop client or mobile app to join.