cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open some of the recordings anymore

NadineBertl
Listener

Hello together, I need some help and I hope you can get me some. I have a lot of recordings (not mine but they are shared with me) and most of them are not available anymore. It is not because they are too old or something like that, because there are many recordings which are much more older and I have still access on it. I don`t know the reason for it, but it is important for me to save these recordings.

So when I enter the internet address of the recording there is the field in which I have to give my name and my e-mail address and make a sign that I am no robot. When I confirm then all the date normally then appears the recording and I can watch or listen to it. But with many recordings, after the confirming, there happens nothing then. All what happens is that the page of my name and e-mail address and the confirmation appears again. I can try that a lot of times, it stays the same. What is the problem here? And why is it with some recordings and others are working perfectly?

Thanks a lot for help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @NadineBertl

Unfortunately, its impossible to know for sure what the issue is with the recordings that were shared with you but are no longer available. It could be that...

• The host of the recording has changed the sharing settings of that recording to make it no longer publicly accessible. 
  • The host of the recording has deleted the recordings, or has downgraded their account and no longer has access to cloud recordings, which would also impact others from viewing those recordings as well. 

The host of each recording would be the person who could clarify what has happened to those recordings and, if possible, give you access to those recordings again. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

YaBoiB

Hello @NadineBertl

Zoom does not recommend the sharing of an account. 

If you go to zoom.us/signin and then sign in to your account using your credentials, can you go to the recording tab on the left-hand side of the page? 

Are these all cloud recordings or local recordings that you are attempting to access? 

Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 11.49.04 AM.png

Thanks,

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hi Brandon, thanks a lot for your answer! I am not sure if I got you well or if you got me well. These are not my recordings, they are from a friend of mine. Normally I get the website link of a recording and that is all. I don`t need to enter my account to listen to these recordings. I cannot tell you if these are cloud or local recordings. I just know that the host, the owner of those recordings, records them with zoom. 

Bort

Hi @NadineBertl

Unfortunately, its impossible to know for sure what the issue is with the recordings that were shared with you but are no longer available. It could be that...

• The host of the recording has changed the sharing settings of that recording to make it no longer publicly accessible. 
  • The host of the recording has deleted the recordings, or has downgraded their account and no longer has access to cloud recordings, which would also impact others from viewing those recordings as well. 

The host of each recording would be the person who could clarify what has happened to those recordings and, if possible, give you access to those recordings again. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Hello, I could use your help please.

I recorded a meeting today. I chose to save it to my computer, not the Cloud. The file that was downloaded from Zoom is a "recording.conf" file. The only application that I can use to open it is using the Notes app. 

Have I lost the recording?

Thanks

Hi Bort, we are having this issue with our own recordings. We have set it to registration required and automatically approved. This has worked fine for these recordings some 2-3 years old. No settings have been changed and the recordings are set without expiry date.  Yet this process no longer works as registrants are brought back to the same registration page instead of the recording as they used to be. We need this for a course that is starting 5 June so this is VERY URGENT. Could you pls assist ASAP.