cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breakout room Recording

Maaez
Listener

Can host record breakout room on local computer. If a host comes to breakout room and exit the room after 1 min.

Can he save the recording what is happening when he is not in the room

5 REPLIES 5

marieohno
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Hi @Maaez ,

No, they can't, but a meeting host can give participants permission for recording.

It is possible to record a session in each room on each participant's computer by giving them recording permission or co-host promotion.

Marie

• Hello, Forgive the likely simple question, but where does the overall host give permission for each breakout room to record their individual session?  I have a big meeting I'm planning with 7 separate breakouts and need to know how to (in advance) allow recording of each one (I know this can't be to the cloud but to a local computer). Please help. Thanks in advance!

marieohno
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Hi @ElleKay 

This is the support article for the procedure.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362473-Starting-a-local-recording

Please refer to 'How to assign recording privileges to a participant' in it.

If you want to give the participants fully co-host access, please find this support article.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206330935

I hope this helps.

Marie

How to record meeting in breakout rooms? I could do it before, but for some time now the recording is not continued when a host (me) goes to different rooms. It's on again when we come back to the main room. Please help me because this is essential for the quality of my work.

johan_verweij
Listener

why giving others the privilege to record? it´s a privacy (law) thing that this isn´t a perfect solution.... i like to have the option to record every breakout room in the cloud so i (the manager) can control who can see these recordings and who wont....

Hope zoom will look at this and work on a solution for this, because this isn´t a (law privacy) perfect solution 😉 

When there is an option to record the breakouts please let me know !!!!