cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asynchronous Video Messages

curtisjreynolds
Listener

Hello -- I'd love to know more about the new asynchronous video message feature. Does one need a professional account for this? How do I set this up?

3 REPLIES 3

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @curtisjreynolds 

There are no account requirements for this feature, just has to be enabled in settings. You can read all about enabling it and how to send them with this Support article: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4859439123085-Sending-audio-and-video-messages-in-Zoom-Cha...

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thank you! I’ve seen this article, but I can’t locate the IM Settings or Zoom Chat settings for some reason. 

Bort

Hi @curtisjreynolds 

I looked into this and IM Settings page/Zoom Chat tab is only available at the Group or Account levels. These settings pages are not accessible for non-admins on a paid account, as well as free accounts (since there are no other users to manage besides yourself). 

That being said, when I signed in to my free account, I was still able to see the Video message option in the Zoom Chat tab of the desktop client, regardless of if I could access that setting specifically. 

Are you on the most up-to-date version of the Zoom app? 

What options do you see when trying to send a chat to a contact or channel?